2015년 2월 4일 수요일

30 Interest things about me

1.      I had never studied abroad and lived only in Korea for 19 years. As I hadn’t got a chance to use English except in the academies, I am not very good at English. My poor English gave me difficulties in KMLA and it unfortunately affected to my GPA.

2.      I like barbeque and according to my friends, I am good at barbeque. Thus, when I do the barbeque with my friends or classmates, I usually barbecue the meat. I think I am good at barbeque because I have a lot of opportunity to grill the meat as my father runs a restaurant.

3.      I love cooking very much as I once dreamed to be a cook in the future. I listened to the two baking classes in school and shared the food that I made with my friends. I was glad because they really enjoyed my cakes and cookies. Still, I want to learn professionally about cooking in the future, regardless of my future career.

4.      One of the clubs that I worked actively is Samuchim, the club which plays samulnori, the traditional Korean music. I played the gong, a small metal instrument, in the club. I worked for more than 100 hours and attended about 6 small and big performances. I really enjoyed playing with the members and still love to do so.

5.      The sport that I first learned ‘professionally’ and like is the basketball. I first learned it when I was in 5th grade. I also listened to the basketball class in the 10th grade in KMLA, and got good scores. Though I am in the volley ball club now, I still like to play basketball.

6.      Another sport that I learned and like is the volley ball. I started learning it from the July of 11th grade. I got into the volley ball club and practiced hard to attend the competition. My team won the gold medal in the preliminaries and the bronze medal in the finals.

7.      While I attended the Korean traditional music club, I also played in KMLA orchestra as percussion. Maybe because I played samulnori- which needs rhythmic sense, I also quite played well with my western instruments.

8.      I have a strange sleeping pattern. I love to sleep in the morning rather than at night. When I sleep normally, I need about 8 hours to feel fresh in the morning. However, if I sleep in the morning, I can spend my whole day with breeziness though I only sleep for 5 hours.

9.      I learned French as my second foreign language. I started learning it when I entered KMLA. I listened to all the French classes in the school and now, I am planning to take DELF. I want to keep learning it and hope it will help me when I learn cooking in France later.

10.   I like dolls and I collect all the dolls since I was 5-year-old and I still have them in my closet. I have about 20 of them and some big dolls sleep together with me on my bed.

11.   I love sweets so I eat them a lot. Cakes, chocolates, ice creams, and candies make me happy. One of my future goals is to be a person who can eat three pieces of Tiramisu a day.

12.   I did a lot of volunteer works since I entered KMLA. I taught middle school students, learned sujichim and moxa cautery to treat the elders, and worked with people who have mental diseases. I like to visit them because they make me happy and comfortable when I talk with them.

13.   I have a certification of sujichim as I have to be certified to treat the elders as a member of the club Donguibogam. I studied hard with my club members when I was in 10th grade and succeeded in gaining it.

14.   I love to play and take care of the babies. I have young cousins and I always take care of them when we meet. I also like to watch cute babies in photos or video clips.

15.   I am very short. Many of my friends tease me with my height, but I like my shortness.

16.   I like physical contacts with my ‘girl’ friends. I hug them a lot and usually hold hand with them when we walk together.

17.   I was a captain of the department of food and nutrition a year ago. As a captain, I had to hand out the flavored-milks every Thursday and give out the chickens once a month. This work became a special feature of me and many of the freshmen knew me as a junior who give them milks and chickens.

18.   My friends sometimes call me ‘mom.’ They said that I take care of them like their mothers.

19.   I like to watch animation movies such as Disney’s or Pixar’s. Though I also enjoy other movies, I always think that the animation movies are the best. I love the characters from the movies and whom I especially like Mike Wazoski from Monsters, Inc.

20.   I used to hate the dogs because of the bad memories. However, I am slowly overcoming the fear and now I can even touch the small puppies. I try to touch and see them a lot to get rid of my fear.

21.   I like to spend my free time alone. When I lie on the bed and listen to music or read the books without anyone near me, I feel comfortable and relaxed. If I also have a cup of hot chocolate next to me, it is just awesome.

22.   I hate to eat vitamin pills or oriental medicines. They taste horrible and I don’t believe in their effectiveness.

23.   I am a picky eater. I have strong likes and dislikes with the foods. Because of this eating habit, my friends say that I have children’s appetite.

24.   I don’t like reading the biographies. I think that I cannot live like those people and I have my own way of living which won’t be same with the people from the biographies. I want to live ‘my’ life by myself.

25.   I believe in Christianity and go to church on Sundays. However, I am not a pious Christian who believes that God is almighty and has superior power. I also believe some logical scientific hypothesis.

26.   I watch the horror movies without screaming because I believe that there aren’t any ghosts in the world. There isn't any possibility that the situations in the movie will occur in the reality.

27.   I am a bad singer. I always sing way off key so I had difficulties with the evaluation of singing. Therefore, I respect the great singers and love to listen to the music.

28.   I am a positive person. Even in the situation that most of the people say impossible, I say that it is possible. I believe that being positive is the best way to turn impossible into possible.

29.   When I was 15, one of my close friends told me to enjoy my life. He said that I should live more freely as I lived somewhat strictly during that time. After his advice (?), I try to do at least one free and joyful thing per day, following the way of ‘Carpe Diem.’

30.   I am not good at talking about myself in front of many people. I know that I should be able to do so, but it’s still hard for me to explain about my strengths and weaknesses. I am trying to overcome this obstacle, and I hope to solve this problem as fast as I can.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기